A beautiful Village during Joseon Dynasty, Korean Folk Village
In Korean Folk Village, a village during Joseon Dynasty located with back to the mountain and facing the water, traditional houses and living culture of each region are vividly reproduced.
We let you know the information on the facilities of Korean Folk Village which is full of Korean traditional stories and imaginations. Korean Folk Village with vivid details!
Korean Folk Village Facilities and Status
- Location: 90 Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do (300,000 pyeong)
Houses and Traditional Workshop of Joseon Dynasty
You can look at architectural characteristics of the houses of Joseon Dynasty distributed in each region of Korea and 9 workshops, where traditional crafts are created, are operated. You can experience or purchase the crafts.
- Exhibited Houses: 270 Buildings
- Workshop: 9 Places (Smith Work, Pottery, Bamboo Ware, and Wooden Containers, etc.)
- Traditional Life Appliances: 20,000 Pieces (Wooden Furniture, Ceramic, Farming Appliances, etc.)
A Beautiful Village Located in Natural Environment
Korean Folk Village is located in an auspicious place with back to the mountain and facing the water in terms of feng shui. Farming work is one of scenes that make the village tasteful.
- Korean Folk Village About 300,000 pyeong (Folk Village, Amusement Village)
- Four-season Traditional Farming Work (Cultivated Land 13,223㎡)
- Growing 80 species of tree and 100 kinds of traditional crops (30 kinds of medicinal herbs)
Various Exhibition Halls Full of Folk Culture
Korean Folk Village has various exhibition halls where you can take a glance of folk culture.
- Korea Folk Museum: 7 Exhibition Halls ( 1,100㎡, Accommodating 200 people), 860 Cultural assets
- The World Folk Museum: 9 Exhibition Halls ( 1,700 ㎡, Accommodating 200 people), 3,000 Cultural assets
- Potter Exhibition Hall: 1 Exhibition Hall ( 480㎡, Accommodating 80 people), 700 Pots
- Mask Dance Exhibition Hall: 1 Exhibition Hall ( 270 ㎡, Accommodating 100 people), 30 Masks
Exciting Traditional Art Performance that Makes You Dance with Your Shoulders
- Folk Village Main Performance Hall (Accommodating about 500 people)
- Horseback Performance Hall (Accommodating about 200 people)
- Traditional Wedding Hall (Accommodating about 200 people)
- Family Park Performance Hall (Accommodating about 200 people)
Heartfelt Things to Eat / Things to Buy
- Korea Food Restaurants in Shopping District: ”Korea,” “Gilmokjip,” Yangbanjang
- Traditional Tea House: Korean Herb Pharmacy, Traditional Cafe
- Folk Village’s 8 Shops
- Amusement Village Restaurant: Railroad, Folk Restaurant, etc.
Tradition-embedded Youth Training Center with Tradition, Youth Hostel
- Five Lodging Buildings (Accommodating 541people), Auditorium (Accommodating 500 people)
- Etiquette Education Center
- 2 Group Restaurants and One Shop
- Forest bathing trail
Play Village Where Kids’ Dreams Grow
- Viking and 12 amusement rides.
- Sled slope in winter
- Tourism information, Clinic, Broadcasting Room, and Lost Children Station
- 15 restrooms, and some 30 pavilions as rest areas
- Stroller rental, wheelchair rental, personal stuffs check-in etc.
90 Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeoggi-do
October 3, 1974 (Started construction in 1973, Completed construction in 1974)
Business Hours: Open Throughout The Year
Feb ~ Apr: Weekdays (09:30~18:00) / Weekends (09:30~18:30)
May ~ Sep : Weekdays (09:30~18:30) / Weekend (09:30~19:30)
Oct : Weekdays (09:30~18:00) / Weekends (09:30~18:30)
Nov ~ Jan : Weekdays (09:30~17:30) / Weekends (09:30~18:00)